Sunday, June 15, 2008

A weekend of visiting... more TMI


So on Saturday, Allison's cousin Ben turned one and we went over to his birthday party in Crown Point - I cannot believe that he is one already !! As scary as it may be, Allie will be turning one before we know it !! It was a rare occurence for the Breuker clan as everyone but our nephew Justin was at the party!! That is SUPER rare !! We should have posed for a family picture !! Seriously !!!! They had a big tent outside with citronella candles - thank goodness because it was crazy with bugs. It was a beautiful day, they got really lucky with that. Ben looked so cute and he had so much fun with his smash cake, he was just covered in frosting!! They were lucky that it was able to be outside for that reason only !!! Poor little guy had been sick over the past few days so he was a bit under the weather, but he still had fun with that cake.


Speaking of sick, Allie has us watching her a little closely because she was extra sleepy & cranky these past few days and she threw up last night after I fed her ( it even came out her nose - Sorry TMI) Then this morning, she spit up quite a bit in her crib while I was in the shower. Her hair was covered ICK. She has had some greenish diapers too, so I will be keeping a close eye on her tomorrow ansd she what comes of it. I thought that maybe the antibiotics that I am on may be affecting her. My Dr said that they should be fine for her, but it is really the only difference that I can think of. This new parent fear is what stinks - its hard to know what is normal and what is not because you have nothing to compare it to. You don't want to seem overly concerned and then you don't want to be too lax... its just the unknown that is so scary and the fact that you do not want anything to be wrong with your little one. There are times that she is happy as a clam too, so it is just a little eyebrow raise.. we will have to see...


It was Jody's 1st Father's Day and we spent the day at his parents then at mine. He was pretty tired because for some crazy reason, he could not sleep last night and that is very rare for him. He is the kind of person where his head hits the pillow and he is out for the count. I got up to feed Allie at about 2:00 and he was up. He could not sleep. He eventually got up and read on the the computer to try to tire himself out. When I got up the next time, he was still up about 2 1/2 hours later. So, he was a little tired today - kinda stinks :(


Allie slept ALL THE WAY through church today - not even a peep! We were shocked !! She even slept as Grandma tried to wake her up after church, she even took her out of her seat and all she did was peek, just a little bit. But as soon as we got home, the eyes popped open and there she was...for a about 15 minutes and she was out again !!


She is finally asleep now at about 9:00 pm.. at least she was. I think last time I checked her, she was looking around, but still sleepy. As long as that continues, that is good. She was so cranky. I took her temp at it was about normal. The normal rectal temp is 99.6 and hers was 99.8 but she had been crying pretty bad right before and that can elevate it. I will check it again when I change her when she gets up tonight just to be sure.


Well, better get some sleep while the getting is good! But I think I will finish watching Jon & Kate plus 8 first .....

No comments: