Well, the day started off a little worrisome. The weather did not look promising and we were having a cookout in our backyard after church. Jody kept checking the weather all morning and kept giving me updates. It was raining while we were getting ready, but as soon as we left, things got better :) There were even breaks in the clouds !!
When we got to church, Allison had fallen asleep for her morning nap in her carseat ... and she looked so adorable. She was wearing the baptism dress that my sister Cheryl & I wore for our baptisms. She was slept until we got her out of her seat at church and we brought her up front for the ceremony. Even when we went up front, she was so good. Jody made Profession of Faith first and Allie was sleeping on my shoulder. I didn't dare put her in the "cradle hold" because she hates being held like that, so I didn't want to do that until the last minute. Even when I did, she was so good. Then I handed her over to Pastor Rich for her baptism and I was expecting her to scream and she shocked me and was a perfect angel. As soon as he took her, she opened her eyes and looked at him with this crazy look like " Who are you ??" When he put the water on her forehead, she wimpered a tiny bit, but that was it. Then when he was still holding her as we prayed, I thought " Oh my goodness, she is going to start crying and it is all we are going to hear over the speakers!" but again, she was a perfect angel !! I was so proud of her ! I even brought her back up to the front later on for her first "Children's Sermon" with her cousins Lily & Alyssa.
We came back to out house hoping and praying that the rain would hold out and it turned out to be pretty nice. The sun was shining and it was not too hot either. When it finally started to rain, everyone was doen eating and we were either under the canopies or inside, and it didn't even rain that much !!
Allie was such a good girl, she played in her vibrating seat, took a nap on Grandma Lynne's shoulder and she took some more cat naps throughout the day. She had so much fun playing with Alyssa & Lily! The were so cute playing on the floor!
We opened all of her gifts (which I did not expect to receive anything !! ) and we enjoyed spending time with our family. Most everyone left by about 3 or 4:00, except for Jody's brother Jason &my niece Lily, his sister Jill & brother in law Steve & my niece Alyssa, my brother Steve & sister in law Wendy and my sister Cheryl. We all hung out and then ordered pizza for dinner, watched the Cubs/Sox game and had fun talking and laughing. We really had a great day !!



No comments:
Post a Comment