Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My little talker, plus a little TMI


My little Allie is 7 weeks old already !!! Time just flies by SOOOOO fast !


Allison was so talkative this morning and smiled like crazy at me in her crib when I picked her up. She just melts my heart when she "talks" to me and gives me that gummy grin! I guess she was making up for last night when she WOULD NOT go to sleep. We normally start the bedtime routine about 8 or 8:30 that way she is in her crib by 9 or 9:30 at the latest. She did not settle down until 11:00. Nothing would work. Normally, after I feed her, I lay her in the crib awkae, but drowsy and she will look around and listen to her ocean sounds from the Sleep Sheep and she will fall asleep, but last night, she wanted NONE of that ! Then she got up @ 2:30 - which is strange because normally she gets in at least 5 hour stretch ~ I don't know, maybe she was off of her game or something ! Gotta love the unpredictability !




I have been having to feed her every 2 hours( so her getting up earlier kinda worked out) or so because I have a lovely breast infection. Yesterday, when I woke up, my left gal was still tender to the touch as it was the night before. When I looked at it in the mirror, the one side was all red! YIKES! So, I think.. now I have a dillema. My OB/GYN who delivered Allie has recently been sued and can no longer practice ( Interesting in itself) When I went for my 6 week checkup, I went to a Dr at the same practice, but I had never seen her before. Then I remember that she does not have office hours on Tuesday!! OK then, so I call the practice and the only other Dr that is there only has office hours until 10:30 ... and it is currently 10:45. Lovely !! So, they make an appt for me at 10:00 today. Could it get any more complicated ???





Ok, I have now gotten back from my appt and I waited in the room ( with a hungry baby) for 50 minutes ! It was hot, she woke up and fell asleep 3 times while we waited ! For Pete's sake !! Anyway, she gave me a script for some antibiotics and it should take care of itself. Yowsers!




We went shopping today with Grandma Scheeringa and Allie was SUCH a good girl !! She slept almost the entire time, she only woke up to eat. I was amazed at how well she did for about a 5 hour outing. Thanks Allie !!! I got her an adorable onesie that says "Hula Girl" on it ~ so flippin' cute. They only had it in a 6/9 mo size, so I hope she fits into it by the end of the summer cuz she just HAS to wear it !




So cute .. I can hear Jody singing to Allie in the living room. That is just too sweet :) He just loves her to pieces and I love it !!




Anyway, that's about all for now.. unless I decide to babble more later on tonight. Hopefully this girl will got to bed better tonight - after we give her a bath that she absolutely HATES !! That girl screams bloody murder !! I hope that she gets over that :(




Ta ta for now !

No comments: