Well, these past two days have been a little trying because Allison has not wanted to go to sleep at night. She also does not want to sleep for long stretches either. Last night was better than Tuesday night where she kept waking up every 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours. I am not sure what the deal is there, but I hope that it is short lived. This morning, I was grateful that after she woke up @ 7:00 she slept on my shoulder in the glider for about 2 hours. That was wonderful. I was so tired that I conked out with her on my shoulder and she must have been tired too !
Yesterday we went to visit everyone at the South Holland branch. I had not been to that branch since I trained there 2 years ago ! ( I cannot believe that I have been there 2 years already !) Anyway, we were in the area because we were going to the annual family picnic at the Holland Home where Jody's grandma lives. It was a lot cooler than we expected so Allie was at one time bundled up in Grandma Breuker's sweater while she ate her bottle - that was cute ! Then, we wrapped her up in Uncle Steve's shirt. Then Alyssa ( she is so sweet) volunteered her Hannah Montana sweatshirt. She looked so cute bundled up in it we had to take a picture. She finally feel asleep in her stroller, probably because she was so toasty warm !
Today, Allie & I visited the girls at the Schererville office and then . of course. Allie got fussy !! She has been a little more fussy lately then normal, I think she may be getting gas pains. I am going to try to give her gas drops after every feeding to see if it may help any. I haven't been eating anything different ( I should because I don't eat that great anyway) but it also may have something to do with the antibiotics I am on. Only one more week of those, so we will see. We stopped by my mom's branch because she was throwing a fit in the car. Once I got her out of her seat, she calmed down, but that was shortlived. Once we held her on her tummy, she was better and I gave her some gas drops. Once we got home, she filled her pants pretty well, so she very well may have had a tummy ache. She took a full bottle ( 3.5 oz) when she got home, and that is good for her.
She is starting to like her pacifier more, which I am grateful for. I am also going to try to give her at least one bottle a day so that she will get more used to taking one once I am back to work ( In only 2 1/2 more weeks :( booo hooo) Right now, she is sleeping in her swing with her pacifier, so she is pretty calm.
Anyway, I am just going to try to enjoy the rest of this beautiful day !! I hope everyone else is too !! I hope that she will sleep good tonight .. keep your fingers crossed !



No comments:
Post a Comment