Well, I saw my friend Amanda's blog for her daughter Maria ( who is a complete DOLL) and I thought... " That's a great idea! I should start one for Allison" So, hopefully I can stick to it ! So, here it goes...
Yesterday, we spent most of the day at Grandma & Grandpa Breuker's house. It seems that almost the whole family stopped by throughout the day. We joked that it was a Breuker nursery there! Allison's cousins Ben, Lily & Justin were all there and many aunts & uncles. While we were there, a Tornado Watch was in effect (there was word that one was in Lansing and they live in Munster right on the Illinois/Indiana border) so we all retreated to the basement. My niece Lily was SO scared ( she thought that if she talked, the tornado would hear her) Anyway, we were fortunate enough to not have anything happen by us, but from what I hear, the clouds were pretty nasty outside. I didn't get to look because I was feeding Allison and I was not about to bring her out there !! She slept through the whole thing. The rest of the day, she had fun visiting with her cousin Lily - she just kept smiling at her when she talked. It was SO cute !
I cannot believe how big she is getting. Grandma Breuker guesstimates that she is about 12 lbs... we don't have a Dr appt for another 2 1/2 weeks, so we will just have to guess for now. She is SO happy in the morning. She smiles and coos and wiggles all over the place. She has fun on her changing table looking at her animals on the wall above her. She loves to lay on a blanket on the floor and just look around. We try to get some tummy time in with her too - she does lift her head pretty well and turn ( when she feels like it) We need to work on it a little more often though. Her hair is still pretty full and dary. I do catch some blondeness underneath, you can tell that the new growth is lighter and her eyebrows are light too. Once in awhile,I find a little "Allison hair" in her crib or on her clothes though, so we will see if it continues to fall out.
She had been sleeping in her crib very well since about 3 weeks. Since about 5 weeks, she has been getting an average of 5 straight hours. The longest being 7 1/2 hours - that night I jumped out of bed thinking that I didn't hear her crying, when I peeke in.. she was fast asleep !! We started putting her to sleep unswaddled and she is surprisingly doing very well. When she was first born she would not stay asleep unless she was swaddled, she would flail around and wake herself up. Lately, she would play Houdini and work herself out of the tightest swaddle. We could hear her grunting to get out - she sounded SO mad !! So I decided that maybe it was time to break the habit of falling asleep with it - I thought it would take some wotk, but the first night, she was fine ! She slept for 6 1/2 hours !! I hope it continues !
Well, Allie is sleeping now. We just need to work on beginning a good feeding and sleeping schedule. I hope to keep her happy for at least 2 more hours before she wants to eat again. I feel like a buffet !! She is a hungry girl !! Well, while she is sleeping, I better take advantage of this time and take a shower. I must say,I love Saturday's & Sunday's because Jody is here to help. It makes a world of a difference !!



1 comment:
I love the pic of Alison with her hand on her face! How cute! Have fun blogging! : )
Post a Comment