Daddy & Allie the morning of Father's Day :)
Well, so far this morning (its only 9:30 am) Allie seems to be be pretty happy and content. I took her temp last night in the dark and from what I could see, it looked normal. I could just be overreacting, but you know what they say " better safe than sorry" She should be falling asleep for her morning nap soon, but we will see ! I really wish that I could work on a schedule for her as I will be going back to work in about 3 weeks :( but nothing seems to work. She is not very predictable, but I think it is sort of hard for me to know really when she is hungry because I am nursing her, it is hard to know exactly what she is eating.
It is now 9:30 pm :) and I just put Allie to sleep. She was really cranky tonight, nothing would calm her down then she finally fell asleep in an instant. She got a bath tonight and boy does she hate that. We tried something new by taking off the suspended "hammock" in the tub to see if she liked that better, but no luck. I guess she will have to learn to like it until we figure out the magic position. She can't be a dirty baby !
Today, Uncle Steven & Aunt Wendy stopped by with some cute outfits for Allie. They are 0-3 months, which is what she is wearing now, so we will have to get her in them so that they can get some use :) Then we went to visit everyone at the Munster branch. She was a little cranky there, then she fell asleep. She doesn't really want to take a pacifier, which can be difficult at times, especially when nothing else calms her. I tried to get her to take it tonight and she did do a little better. Part of me doesn't want to give it to her - you know, one less thing to break her of later, but I know that she needs something to help comfort her besides "me" because I cannot always be there and I want her to be able to be comforted when she is with someone else. There are just so many decisions to make !! Agh! And I am the type of person who hates decision making. I pine over things and think of every reason to do or not to do something and I get so confused...I guess that's why I have never ordered my wedding pictures ( 6 years later) Sorry Mom!!
Pastor Rich & Anne are coming over tomorrow night to visit with us so we are cleaning up the house a bit, so I better get to it. I would like to get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight since Allie woke up @ 12:45 last night. That was out of the ordinary for her, but I want to be prepared just in case !



No comments:
Post a Comment