~ " I'm pooped!"
Today I finally realized that I need to get this little girl on some sort of schedule. I have been just floating through these past 8 weeks just guessing what she needs. I have had the book "Babywise" for a few weeks, but I have never gotten around to reading it. A friend of mine highly recommended it while I was pregnant, but I was too busy reading pregnancy books ( I guess in the back of my mind I THOUGHT I would have time to read the baby books once the baby was here ! HA!) Anyway, it has a great approach to help the baby get on a schedule and I have started trying it today. I am already excited because she has been taking naps, which before, she would just fall asleep whenever, usually after she ate. The best part of it all is that these naps are taking place in HER CRIB!! Allie has only ever taken one nap in her crib and that was while she was swaddled ( I think it distracted her ) She is eating every 3 - 3 1/2 hours, which before,I woudl just feed her if I thought she was hungry, when most of the time the poor girl was probably only tired or bored !! I really hope that this works out because it will be best for her to be on a schedule once I go back to work. It will really help !! She is also liking the pacifier more and more. I actually went and bought 2 more of the kind she likes so that I can always have a spare ~ Why didn't I try all of this earlier ?????? I guess I figured that it would all just work itself out, but since these past few days, she has been pretty cranky, it hit me that it wasn't only ME that didn't know what she wanted, it was her too !!
I fed her a bottle @ her 1:00 feeding today. I am going to try to do that everyday, at least one or two and then I will pump to make up that feeding. There are times when she would rather not take a bottle, but we need her to be willing to take either because once I am back to work, there won't be choice for my little chica :)
I finished making her 2nd movie yesterday and Jody & I watched it. It turned out really cute and I even made a slideshow of her 3 week JC Penney pics and some pics that I took. My mom had told me about a song by George Strait called " I Saw God Today" She said that it made her think of Jody when she heard it. I had never heard it before ( as I am not that into country music so much anymore -but I always have loved George - that man could sing the phone book and it would sound amazing) But anyway, it is a beautiful song and I downloaded it and all of the pictures are set to this song. And yeah.. I cried a couple of times as I put it together and watched it. You just can't help it !! I think that I am going to make a DVD of just pictures and put them to music, from her birth on up. Someday I will get to that..... well maybe now that she is helping me by taking naps?!?!?
We went to Target today to pick up some necessities and Allie was very cooperative. She slept and she even woke up for about 10 minutes and was very content. We ran into Meijer too and she was an angel. I am glad that we left Meijer when we did because it was starting to rain once we walked out the door :)
Tomorrow we are going to go to the Schepel car show. It will be weird this year because Jody's Dad no longer works there, but we always have a nice time. I hope the weather cooperates because there is a chance of rain. I know that Jody really wanted to enter his car this year, but it still isn't ready. In order for him to be eligible for the car show exemption for his emissions, he has to enter it into at least two shows a year. He is almost done, so as long as he can enter it in Munster CRC's car show and Trinity's car show, he should be OK.
Well, since I really have not eaten much today,I guess I should do that as it is going on 4:30 :)



2 comments:
Val and Jody,
We are very proud of both of you. You are doing a wonderful job with our granddaughter.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Scheeringa
Val,
You are doing a wonderful job with our granddaughter. I love you all very much.
Love,
Grandma Scheeringa
Post a Comment