Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Over the weekend etc...

Waiting to go to church .. her dress from her 3 week pictures ( it fits much better now !)

9 weeks old with her Pink teddy bear
She was so stinkin' cute looking up at me in her carrier !!



Allie turned two months old on Sunday ! Time is just flying by so fast ~ she is starting to change more and more everyday. I go back to work in less than two weeks and I am NOT happy about it. Yeah, I miss everyone there and I miss doing what I do, but it is going to be so hard to leave my little girl behind wondering what she is doing all day. I don't want to miss any of her "firsts" and I know that it is inevitable. I just love watching her smile all day and playing with her and she is starting to respond so much more and it is SO fun. Why can't I be rich and stay home with her ??? No fair!
We are having Allie baptized on Sunday, so we have been getting things together for that. We are cooking out so we hope that the weather cooperates. So far, the weather channel claims that it will be 80 and sunny - that's good with me ! We went to Jody's brother's house Sunday to get some tables and chars and Miss Allie stayed by Grandma & Grandpa Scheeringa's house for the afternoon, and I heard that she was all smiles :)
Monday, Allie and I ran around to get things for the cookout and she took a couple of naps, and she slept for a 7 hour stretch that night. That was very nice ! Last night she slept for a 5 hour stretch... not too shabby, but 7 IS better :) Tuesday, that little girl took a FOUR hour nap! She was getting so cranky and I could not get her to go down for a nap. She kept dozing off and the minute I put her in the crib, she woke up screaming bloody murder !! I let her cry for awhile and that got me nowhere. I finally calmed her down to get her in her carrier so that we could go for a walk in her stroller. About 5 minutes into the walk, she conked out. We walked for another 15 minutes or so and I figured as soon as we got home, she would wake up, so I decided to put her in the car and drive for a little bit to keep her asleep. Little did I know that this girl would stay asleep for 4 hours !!! She was nice and content when she woke up !
Today she got her first set of shots. I was pretty nervous, but she actually did better than I expected. She cried ...and I cried ( I couldn't help it !) She has been a little fussy today, but nothing too extreme. She slept a lot today& she has been eating & pooping good.. so I guess that is a bonus. Our Dr wants us to continue to give her Motrin/ Tylenol for the next day and a half to make sure if she gets a fever it stays down and also for the pain. I just hope that she continues to do well.. and sleep good tonight ?!?!?
She is getting so big !! At her Dr visit, she weighed 12 lbs 1/2 oz !!! She is 22 1/2 " long and her head circumference is 14 3/4 ". In perspective, she was 8lbs 2 oz, 20 1/2 " & 13" head @ birth! She has gained almost 4 lbs, grown 2 " and her head is 1 3/4" bigger !! My little girl is getting big ! I love looking at her her little rolls on her arms and legs and I just love kissing those fat little cheeks ~ they are so soft and smushy :) Even her back has little rolls!
My mom took Allie for a little while this afternoon so that I could finally get my hair cut & highlighted - I was WAY overdue ! I was so glad to get that done and it was nice to have 2 hours for just me ( Is that selfish ?? sorry !! :)


Tomorrow, I need to focus on cleaning up the house and stuff for the party... easier said than done with a 2 month old, but I will try my best !






1 comment:

Maria and Michael's Mommy said...

Hey Val! Don't worry I cried when Maria got her first set of shots, well and the second set, and third! I couldn't help it either. Allie really does look so much bigger already! Don't worry going back to work will be ok! My first day back Maria rolled over for the first time! : ) Have a great day on Sunday! Congrats little Allie!