Monday, August 4, 2008

Our weekend

Daddy was making Allison smile :)

Friday night, Jody and I went out to dinner and Allie slept through the whole experience :) he he he She has been such a good girl lately. I really like this age because she is much more alert, she doesn't cry as much and she is NOT getting into anything yet !! I plan on savoring every minute of this ! I know it won't last forever :)

Allie was playing with Mommy after work on Friday... then she saw Daddy with the camera !


We ran our regular Saturday errands and thenJody had an apppointment at LifeSource to donate blood on Saturday, so Allie and I went with him there - she was an angel while we were there:)


Also on Saturday, I was talking with the girls at work and we got onto the topic of the drive-in theatre. We both wanted to see "Dark Knight" so I checked out to see if it was playing at the 49-er in Valpo... and it was !! We asked my parents if they would take Allie and they said yes( Silly question, I know! )... so off we were.. on our little date to the drive-in ! That place was packed !!! It was good to see it busy as to hopefully add to its longevity. I highly recommend going if you never have - it is always a double feature and the concessions are very reasonable :) We liked the movie a lot too ! From what I was told, Allie fell asleep about 45 minutes - 1 hour after we dropped her off and she slept on the way home and then until about 5 am !! Wooo hooo

Allie is getting better at Tummy Time with a little help! This is one of first times she has propped up with her arms ( with some Mommy assistance though!)

Sunday morning... Allie is usally my "alarm clock" After she woke up to eat @ 5:00 am, she usually only sleeps for about 1 - 1/2 hours and we would normally get up then to get ready for church... well, she let me down this time and slept until after 8:00. There was no way that all three if us could be ready ( and fed) before leaving for church at 9:15, so we did not go this week. We decided to take Allie to breakfast at The Wheel. She was such a good girl while we were there too.. I like this trend ! We came home and our neighbors were participating in the block wide yard sale, so we sat around and hung out with them all day. It was nice and relaxing and good to chat it up with them :) Allie was an angel all day, she slept in my lap, played and smiled all day !! I was nice to snuggle with her all day too ~ I know that very soon a day will come where she will not allow me to do that, so I soak it up while I can ! We had a cookout with our neighbors that evening and Allie just hung out in her Baby Papasan seat and smiled :) She got tired and I gave her a bath and she was out by 8:15! She slept pretty good last night, she did get up twice, but nothing crazy!

Today, Auntie Wendy had her and she was a little fussy for her, but she calmed down.. she was probably so used to being with Mommy & Daddy for two days straight, she missed us (Right?!?) There were some CRAZY storms here tonight - even the tornado sirens went off! I had never heard them sound as long as we have lived here. I had already out Allie down to sleep, she was not asleep yet, but I grabbed her and we all went downstairs and turned on the weather channel. Those were some strong storms! My brother called and he was out of power. The neighbor's tree fell on their power lines and they had live wires lying in their yard ! The tree just barely missed the house. There must be a "tree magnet" in their house. It was my Grandma's house and just a few years ago, when she lived there, a tree fell through the front porch roof of the house and it had to be reconstructed ~ crazy huh ?!?! Anyway, we did not lose power, Allie finally fell asleep and the storms have finally passed. We saw some amazing lighting shows outside - it is just a real reminder of how strong God is and the power that He posseses!

We received some sad news today though, Jody's Great Aunt Dorothy passed away early this morning after a long fight with heart failure and just a weak body.She was a very sweet woman who had survived long beyond anyone had expected her to and now she has gone Home to be with her Lord. Please pray for Jody's family, especially his Grandma. This was her last sibling alive and I am sure that this has hit her pretty hard.

On a lighter note, I am very happy to announce that Allie has gotten her appetite back ! She is eating much better and I am very happy. That little chicky had me worried there for a few days. I was paying attention to every ounce she ate, and I hated being so worrisome. I am just glad that she is doing better :)

"Hi !" I love this one !!! (Smiling courtesy of Daddy)

Tomorrow is Tuesday... my FAVORITE DAY ! I get to spend all day with my little pumpkin :) I hope you all have as good of a day as I plan to with my Allison Kate !

No comments: