Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Discovery


Well, it is official.... Allison has discovered that she has feet and attached to them are toes that she can put into her mouth. I haven't caught a picture of them IN her mouth, but I am sure that I will !!This is her new found attraction and I think that it may be one of the reasons that she is not sleeping very well anymore ! I will go into her room to check on her before we go to bed, and she will be asleep, with her feet up in the air or turned to the side. I keep saying that she is goign to have abs of steel pretty soon ! I think that she is playing with her feet in her sleep and waking herself up ! Usually, we have just been going in to give her the pacifier and she goes back down, but its every 3 hours or so.... that gets old quick !


But back to her discoveries.. she has also discovered that she has a voice and she is using it much more often these days. She can just go on and on and on ... It is so cute when she shrieks with what sounds like pure joy ! She has laughed a few times, but they seem to be just mostly "happy sounds" right now. My mother-in-law said that when she would tickle her, she could get her to cackle, but I have not been so lucky. Just those few times where I have gotten a pretty good laugh out of her ! Her smile, though, is enough to melt my heart... and she has been doing a lot of that these days. She has been such a good and happy girl!

Today, after church, we decided to take the Mustang out for a spin and enjoy the beautiful day!! The sun was shining, there was a cool breeze... you just couldn't beat it ! We stopped over at Mike's house and chit chatted with him & Erica for a few hours. Allison was SUCH a good girl while we were there. She was talking and smiling and watching the leaves on the trees ( one of her favorite things to watch) We had a nice relaxing afternoon ( as we watched Erica weed and Mike wash the car... maybe it was only relaxing for us !! HA!)


Tomorrow, we are supposed to get together with my family because my brother in law, Dan, is in town from Florida. Unfortunately, Cheryl could not come up this time :( but it will be fun for Allie to finally meet her Uncle Dan !!!! I sense a photo opportunity !!!


Saturday, Jody & I ran to Once Upon A Child (love that place) to try to build up a fall/winter wardrobe for Allison. We got quite a few cute outfits ~ to me, I am totally into the idea of this place. I mean, kids only get to wear things a handful of times, why pay full price for everything ?? Don't get me wrong, I still buy her clothes at the store too, but why not get some for much cheaper !!! Hey... remember that I AM DUTCH !! :)

Jody is on vacation this week, so he will get to spend some time with his Sugar. We are going to see "Wicked" again on Wednesday !! We are so excited because we got 2nd row center seats !! Wooo Hooo!! Jody complained that he was not able to see that well last time that we went, so I got these tickets a few months ago and he was SO excited when I got the seats, that he didn't believe me that they were 2nd row, that he made me pull up the seating chart of the Ford Oriental Theater to him to prove it !!!

Anyway, its time to to my nightly chores of getting everything ready for tomorrow.. but it is much less this week because Daddy will be at home with her !! I actually can sleep until maybe 7:00 - If Allison lets me !!






1 comment:

Maria and Michael's Mommy said...

Aww I love the toes! I remember when Maria found hers...then she decided she would try to eat her shoes too... Have fun Wednesday!