Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful

I have no new pictures to show or any stories to tell today, I just wanted to express my thankfulness to God for our healthy & beautiful baby girl. There are so many families less fortunate that ours and it really brings to light how extremely blessed we are to have Allison ~ in all of her beauty & health!


I have been following some other blogs called " Bring the The Rain" and "My Charming Kids" and they tell of not so fortunate familes and their children. It is not just their heartwrenching stories, but also their unwavering faith in God amidst all of their pain. If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend checking out their blogs - I have them in my blog list ( Thank you Amanda for telling me about these !) The story of Audrey Caroline in " Bring the Rain" is just one that will make you cry buckets for this family and then be uplifted by their unwavering faith in God.


Tonight, as I read the post that was written by Angie's husband Todd, who is part of the Christian music group Selah, I was brought to tears to read his story. He talks of how they had to go to pick out the plot where they would bury their unborn daughter and as they stood above the grave they chose, Audrey started kicking inside of her . How do you deal with that ? I just thought of all of those times that I sat in pure enjoyment as Allison kicked inside of me and I was SO excited to feel her move, but for them to know that as she moved inside, she would not ever live on the outside! It just tears me apart to read their story. I know that I will hold my little baby a little tighter tonight and thank God for her and that she is healthy!!




Thank you Allison for the joy you have brought into our lives! We are so glad to have you here and we praise God and thank Him for you and your adorable little smile :)















1 comment:

Maria and Michael's Mommy said...

Perfectly put! I agree! I love reading both those blogs, they truly are inspirational. I bawled when I read the last Bring the Rain entry.