Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Auntie Cheryl's visit, 4th, Back to work





OK, so its been a while, but life has been a little busy. My sister Cheryl was in town all last week, then on Wednesday night, my mom went into the hospital with what they found out to be shingles. Of course, I freaked out about Allie because we had been with my mom that WHOLE day!! I was wondering if she could be infected with it ~ I thought, now I have TWO people to worry about! I called my pediatrician and they reassured me that Allie has immunites from me, and she should be safe. The only bad thing is, my mom cannot hold or smooch little Allie for who knows how long ! She is still in quite a bit of pain, but at least she was able to come home on the afternoon of the 4th. Please keep her in your prayers as she deals with the pain and discomfort of this ailment and for her to be able to deal with not being able to hold her little "Babydoll" :(




On the 4th, we went to the Munster parade with Becky & Peyton, Wendy & Steve and we met Jody's parents, James & Christine & little Ben there too. Jill, Steve, Alyssa, Lily & Anna were in the parade. It was SUCH a beautiful day.. compared to the night of the 3rd. It was so chilly -we were at the Highland festival and we were shivering. Allie was all bundled up in her fleece jacket, so she was doing just fine :) At the parade, Allie didn't mind one bit about the firetrucks and sirens. She was such a good girl ! After the parade, we cooked out at our house and hung around until it was time to go to the fireworks. She fell asleep right before the fireworks started and slept through them all! Even when we got back to our house, she slept through all of those too - the girl doesn't mind the noise !!




Then on Saturday, we took Cheryl back to the airport and Auntie Wendy & Uncle Steve watched Miss Allie while we drove there. We weren't sure how long she would last in the car! Cheryl had a great flight home, compared to her flight here ! She even got home earlier than expected ! Sweet!




Monday...... back to work day :( Auntie Wendy took care of Allie and it sounded like she had a bad day. I think that Allie realized that it was "different" and she didn't know what to do. I felt bad not only for Allie, but for Wendy too !!! When I got home, all I wanted to do was hold my baby. I missed her SOOOO much !! It really stunk that I was only able to spend two hours with her and then I had to put her to bed. This is really going to stink, I can just tell.


Tuesday, what a tease that was being home with her all day. I had a lot of fun taking her 11 week pictures with my new camera. She was very cooperative with me.. she was such a good girl all day long !!




Today, my friend Amanda is being my saving grace. My mom will normally watch Allie on Wednesdays, but with her having shingles, she cannot :( So, Amanda is going to take care of Allie and her and Maria can have a playdate! They are even going to have matching outfits :) I cannot wait to see the pictures of that :) THANKS AMANDA !!




Anyway, it is getting late and I have to get everything ready for tomorrow. Its another adventurous day.. who knows what lies ahead ???

No comments: