Friday, October 3, 2008

Where does the time go ?


Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, but I cannot believe that it is Friday already ! Time just seems to fly by so fast. Maybe because I want the work day to go so fast so that I can get home to my little Dollie, or the lack of sleep that I have been getting lately since Allie decides to wake herself up every few hours at night, or the fact that she has been going to sleep at about 7:30ish every night because her last nap was at 3 or 4 and she is sleepy by then. I feel like I barely get to spend anytime with her these past days :( I try to enjoy every minute that I have with her and now that she is so much more vocal - its so fun !! She cracks me up when she "talks" and giggles, I just love it !!


Today, we were able to wear Cubs or Sox wear to work. Since I did not have anything ( and Jody's T-shirts didn't fit me too well ... ha ha.. I can't imagine why his SHIRTS won't fit me!) I decided to dress Allie in her 1st White Sox T-shirt. She even had on her Sox Socks ! She looked so flippin' cute ... and if you believe it, these pictures were taken at 6:15 am. I promise you, she is much more awake than I was !!


We have some happy news !!! My cousin Jim & his wife Tiffanie had their little girl tonight !! Faith Deanne was born @ 7:08 pm 7lbs 1 oz & 19" long. We cannot wait to meet her :) Allie has a new playmate !! And yes, we WILL wait to meet her until they are ready... I can empathize with them and I know how crazy these next few weeks will be. There is nothing more draining than entertaining people when you are working on 4 hours of broken sleep !! HA !


Tomorrow, I am going to a New Kids on the Block concert with my friend Becky! Now, before you laugh, you have to remember that they were the big thing when I was about 12 and I LOVED THEM ! I was never able to see them when they were so popular and I have always wanted to see them. When Becky called me in May and asked me if I wanted to go, I did think it was a crazy idea at 32 going to a NKOTB concert, but I am totally excited !! Becky gave me the new CD and I actually really like it !I am also sorta excited as this is my 1st Mommy night out in a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time !! This will be a true test for Daddy to see oid he can do the whole bedtime thing by himself... last time he tried, I had to come home before my outing even began, but she was only about 5 weeks old or so at the time, so I am sure that this will be much better. I just hope that we are not out too late because I know that I will be up with Allison at night and we have to get up for church in the morning. Ah, the worries !!


Next weekend, October 11th, our church , Trinity Reformed in Munster,is having a Car Show and Fall Festival. They are giving away pumpkins and also having a pumpkin decorating contest and we are going to participate !! My mom and I went and got the stuff for it and we are going to make a Snow Princess ! I cannot wait to get started on it and I promise to upload pictures !!


Anyway,back to my Allie ~ She is getting over her cold and her stuffy/runny nose sounds so much better. I really think that she is teeting too though. I don't see any teeth, but she is gnawing on everything and anything. She gets a little cranky and she drools quite a bit, in fact I wonder if that is part of what is waking her up at night ? I don't really know for sure because this is all new to me, but one can only guess!


Well, speaking of time flying, the night is escaping me and I need to eat some dinner.. Allie fell asleep at 7:30 and I have been trying to catch up on other things in this past hour. Anyway, time to eat and hit the hay !!

No comments: