Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Its always something

Explanation below :)

( Ok, so I am not sure why I cannot move my pictures where I want to... AGH)


Here is Allie in her cute Sweet Pea outfit frim Erica- love that tongue :)~





LOOK ! Her feet are starting to touch the ground !! She is really starting to enjoy her jumperoo!






Our curious little Allison ~ she does pretty well on her tummy playing with her toys. Here she is reaching for one of her favorite toys from Auntie Wendy, her "talking" bug :)





OK, so last night, I saw Jody playing with Allison in the family room. He has his Darth Vader ornament that talks and I hear him say to me " This would have been perfect !" He said this because if Allison would have been a boy, his name would have been Luke. This ornament says, among other things. "Luke, I am your father" OK, and yes, if his name was to be Luke, I had already made Jody promise that he could say that ONE time to our child and that was it !!!! I guess he was seizing his opportunity :) SEE TOP PICTURE





Allie cheesing it up for her animals on her activity mat :)






Over the past couple of weeks, poor Allie ( and her parents) have been dealing with alot. Daddy had a cold about 2 weeks ago and then Allie got really congested, and if Jody would not have been sick , I would easily just have chalked it up to teething ( which I really think she is doing anyway) but I think she may have had a little cold ~ her first one. That led to some pretty tiring nights because the poor baby just could not breathe. We had her little Hello Kitty vaporizer on in her room, we suctioned out her nose constantly, we tried propping up her mattress a little so that she wasn't lying flat to help her breathe, but we ended up having her sleep in her swing so that she was able to breathe. Poor doll :( She would constantly wake up coughing ... lets just say it was rough and it is hard to see her uncomfortable. She seemed to get better, then in the past few days, she got congested again. This time, I really believe that it has to do with her teeth. She does not have any popping through that I can see, but she is gnawing on everything, drooling, can be cranky... yeah, she has all of the signs.










In addition to all of this, the past week and a half or so, she has been sleeping like ( for lack of a better term ) CRAP ! She would sometimes be up, literally,every hour !! We would try to coax her back to sleep while she was still in her crib, but it never seemed to work. I swear, there were nights where we were sitting up @ 3:00 in the living room, in the dark, while she was WIDE awake and we were struggling to keep our eyes open ( then go to work the next day) We felt like we had a newborn all over again. All the lights were off in the house, every curtain drawn and we were walking around with her on our shoulder to do everything in our power to get her back to dreamland !! Last night, Thank God, was a lot better, She only fussed for a little bit around midnight and I ended up having to rock her back to sleep. So, yeah, they tell you to try to let them go back to sleep on their own. let them fuss for a little bit to try to self soothe....... that sounds good in theory, but when her crib/room is only about 15 feet or so from my pillow, I am not getting any sleep either !!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess everything sounds good in theory......and I will do what helps us ALL get some sleep !




Allie getting a bedtime story from Daddy -one of the few times so far that she has "endured" a whole book, well almost.









So, we are getting ready for our church Car Show & Fall Festival. We have our "Snow Princess" Pumpkin almost completed. She does look pretty darn cute ! We found the best pumpkins for it too, believe it or not, at Home Depot ! As soon as she is totally done, I will have to post some pictures. We got some cute accessories for it on Tuesday and I cannot wait until she is all done ! I don't care at all if we win anything, I am just having fun putting her together ! Jody still needs to get his car ready for the show... not sure when that is supposed to happen, but sometime before Saturday morning. I also need to make tons more cookies, again, not sure when this is going to happen ! It seems our nights after work just disappear into thin air every night ! We get home, play a bit with Allie, eat dinner, get her ready for bed, do some laundry or dishes and then its time for bed, and hopefully we do not have anything "extra" to do for the night, otherwise, it becomes even more hectic ! I guess its called being a parent!










Really quick though... we had a BLAST at the NKOTB concert ! It felt like I was 13 again ! It was SO much fun and, oh those guys are even hotter than before !! Loved them !! It was fun to have a night out, but Allie got me back for being gone because she was up ALL night long, sometimes every 1/2 hour. I bet that we did not get anymore than 4 hours of sleep, completely broken too yet !! I guess she wanted me to know that I was not able to leave !! ha ha ha










Well, its time for the nightly duties, and maybe a show on Tivo and then Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............. morning comes all too soon !

1 comment:

Maria and Michael's Mommy said...

Hey Val! I know the self soothing can be tough, but it's worth it in the end... as long as she doesn't get all worked up and screaming. I only get maria out of her crib, even at night, if she is screaming like crazy. It def. is hard to ignore them when they wake up. Teething doesn't help matters either. That's for sure. We're up to 6 teeth now...I've heard the molars are pretty bad... Good luck and get some sleep!!!
Oh and one of our teachers at school is a HUGE Starwars fan and he did name his son Luke!