Saturday, October 11, 2008

Car Show Day


Today was our church's annual Classic Car Show & Fall Festival. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day ~ we truly could not have had better weather! It was in the high 70's or low 80's, in fact we think Allie may even have gotten a little sunburned on her cheeks ! She was enjoying the day, picking out a pumpkin and chilling with us sitting by the car and walking around. She finally took a nap about 1:00 and slept until about 3:00. She fell asleep in Daddy's arms, then I held her and one of the ladies from church, Arlene,even held her for awhile. The whole time completely OUT ! When she woke up though, she was ready to eat and was all around pretty content despite her cold.
We called her Dr today to refill her prescription eye drops b/c her eyes are goopy & crusty again - most likely due to her cold. Poor baby. She keeps coughing and sometimes she chokes and spits up. It sounds so awful and she gets upset only some of the time. I think that if it continues to get worse, I may see if I can get her in to see her Dr. on Monday or Tuesday. I am sure it is pretty much just a cold and we are already doing everything that we are able to, but maybe just for peace of mind.
Anyway, back to the car show... we had a lot of fun. We brought our Snow Princess pumpkin there - they did nor announce who won, maybe in church tomorrow. I seem to remember them doing that last year. Hmmmmmm... we will have to see. Oh yeah - Jody always seems to think that I win everything, but it seems like Allie is following in my footsteps. When we arrived, everyone was given a raffle ticket. They gave away various prizes and Allie was the proud winner of a MANICURE @ Texture Point Salon ! How funny is that ?? She is my little good luck charm I guess !! I mean, out of the HUNDREDS of people that were there, little Allie won! So, I have never had a manicure before ( and if you have seen my hands, you would not have a hard time believing that!) but it seems that I will have to sometime in the future. Something tells me that they will not accept this gift certificate in like 2024 when Allie is 16 and wants a manicure :)

Allie fell asleep tonight with a little bit of fussing - I think it was because she was so overtired. She really only got one nap today. She tried to sleep a little in her swing when we got home, but the poor baby kept coughing and it kept waking her up :( My poor little sweetheart. I hope she feels better soon - for her sake and mine! I can't stand to see her miserable !! I know that there is only so much we can do and we are doing it all ! I guess that this too shall pass.





Jody's parents went to Cleveland this weekend to go to a kidney specialist for his Dad. He has a kidney disease & right now his kidneys are at less than 15% function. They are trying to find out what his best course of action is for the future - potentially dialysis or even a transplant, so please keep him in your prayers !
Well, I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend and if you are off on Monday like me.. enjoy ! I am off until Wednesday so ... YEAH !!!

No comments: