It seems like Jody has been off of work forever ! It has been so nice knowing that Allie was with her Daddy all of last week. I guess she liked it to because she has learned so many new things ! She now can roll over both ways !! When she rolled over from her tummy to her back, I had just put her down on her tummy for her daily "Tummy Time" I noticed that she was really kicking her feet up and I said to Jody " I give her about 2 weeks max before she rolls over this way, she is really kicking" No sooner than I said this, I saw her really start to rock. The video camera just happened to be within reach and I grabbed it. Thank goodness I did because I just barely caught her premiere tummy roll on video! I was SOOO excited :0 ) It seems now that she has realized what she can do, she likes to lay in this contorted position. She even falls asleep this way !
Her other new trick is taking out her binky and trying to put it back in. Sometimes she gets upset when she cannot do it herself, other times she is just as happy to chew on the side of it. It gets to be almost a game of trying to keep her binky in her mouth sometimes, because she gets upset if it is gone... which makes me a little nervous that she is getting to attached to it. Ay Ay Ay !!
She is still in love with her feet ! Some mornings when I get her out of bed, her feet are wet because she has been sucking on them in her sleep - no wonder she is waking herself up !
And for her final trick.. she LOVES to blow raspberries as she is taking her bottle. I guess this is her way of saying that she doesn't want it. The girl has a "spray" on her though ! I usually catch some overspray everytime she takes a bottle these days :)
Well, I guess after the long Labor Day weekend and a nice vacation for Daddy, it is back to work for all of us and back to the grind.... Today we had a nice lunch with Uncle Dan before he went back to Florida and shucks if I did not have my camera with me!! We did not get any pictures with Uncle Dan, but I promise, he did meet Allie !!
At least we got to give her a bath to clean her up ... and THANK GOODNESS she likes them now ! ( Look at her hair, or lack thereof.. it is quickly disappearing :(
Its WAY past my bedtime... this silly computer just gets too addicting !!!!



2 comments:
Way to go Allie! Great job with the back to tummy roll too! That one is a bit harder. It took Maria until like 5 mths or so to do it, but I didn't put her on her back much because of her then flat spot, anyway that's great! Going back to work stinks! I hated Tuesday! It is so nice to have the long weekend!
Talk to ya soon!
Amanda
Thanks for your sweet comments! I love reading other mom's blogs because they are all doing the same things. It's so funny! Caroline just perfected the rollover and now we can't stop her. As far as the "radio" goes, now that she can roll around so well and has figured out how to hit the button, we do hear it from time to time, but I'd rather hear that than screaming! You know what I mean?
Aren't you enjoying this stage so much? They are really fun and loving right now. So far, I think I am loving this stage the best. Good interaction with Daddy but still a Mommy's girl! :)
Talk to you soon,
Stephanie
Post a Comment