Today is September 7th and it has special meanings for many reasons! Today is our 6th wedding anniversary ~ I cannot believe that we have been married for this long ! It is true that Jody & I have been together for over half our lives though.... 1992 ~ 2008 !! 16 years!! Its just crazy to comprehend it because it feels like time has just flown by ( especially these last four months !!)
Also, it is my parent's 1st Grandparents Day !! Allison got Grandma & Grandpa some cards and a Precious Moment figurine .. OK, so the figurine was more for Grandma, but the thought was there !! It is called " You Color My World With Love" - I just loved the coloring of it and I knew my mom would love it :)


Before we left to Grandma & Grandpa's, Allie was falling asleep in her seat and I caught a picture of her dazed sleepy eyes :) She was SO sleepy !
So, this afternoon worked out for the both of us. Allie spent the afternoon with her grandparents and Jody & I went out to lunch at the Olive Garden for our anniversary. Funny thing though, we took the Mustang out because it was such a beautiful day, but when we got to the restaurant, I went inside to put our name on the waiting list and I sat down waiting for Jody to park. Suddenly, my phone rings and its Jody " Come out here , the car is dead" Great, I think - Not again!! So I head outside and the Mustang is 1/2 in the parking space, so we had to push it in. Ever since he has rebuilt the motor, it becomes finicky at times like this and it usually just has to cool down and it will be OK. Luckily, in this case, it was predictable and everything was A-OK as soon as we were done eating. Whew !!

Grandpa, Why is my burp cloth on my head ??
Allie had a great time at Grandma & Grandpa's. When we returned, she was just going down for a nap, so I seized the opportunity as well and joined her :) The times are rare when I get the chance, so I figured " Why not!" Allison has not been sleeping the greatest these past couple of weeks, so sleep has been lacking !! After she woke up, she played with Grandma & Grandpa and then we gave her a bath in the kitchen sink :) So cute !!


While we got her dried off, Grandma was trying to get Allie to laugh and stick out her tongue, so she was "showing" her how. I just happened to catch it with my camera :)
WARNING : Naked Baby in video !!
On a sad note, today is the 1st anniversary of my Aunt Jackie's passing. It was a bittersweet time for us when she passed away because only Jody & I and my parents knew that we were expecting Allison. It was like God took one person from us to give us another,. I know that my Aunt would have enjoyed Allison and I know that one day she will get to meet her ! My Aunt Diann always writes a poem for anniversaries & birthdays for my grandparents who have passed away and now for my Aunt Jackie and she publishes them in The Times. She always writes such beautiful words. Here is the link to the memoriam for my Aunt that was in today's paper.
http://www.legacy.com/nwitimes/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=117031236
Well, on to a new week.. time to get to bed before this little peanut wakes up again !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment