Allison began to learn to sit up in her Bebe Pod seat. She loved the view that she got of the world from this new vantage point. She used to have so much fun in this chair that she would hold onto the little "knob" in the front and rock back & forth. She also used to lift her tushy up and almost flip herself out of the chair! She did this so much that she actually broke the chair !! Granted, it was second hand, but she wore out the rubber foam !! Crazy girl ! By the time she broke it though, she was already ready to sit on her own.
On December 5th when I came home from work, I sat her on the floor to practice sitting, she just sat like a pretty girl for over 10 minutes by herself !! We were so proud of her :) She loved playing and it didn't take long her her to start reaching for toys and twisting and turning while she was sitting there. She would get so excited as she played that she would "talk" and do her cute little hand dance -she pulls her shoulders and elbows back and flaps her little arms & hands in the air. SOOOOOO cute !!!
Now, she reaches for everything as she is sitting. She falls over every once in awhile, but it is usually intentional because she will not crawl ! She would rather roll to her destination or reach, reach reach to get something. When you try to put her on the hands and knees, she will have none of it !! She is happy as a clam sitting and playing or on her tummy reaching and playing. We call her our " No- crawling, toothless wonder" Yes, at 9 months, she still does not have any teeth !! We thought for awhile that we would for sure see some white... but no. She gnaws on everything. There are days that she is drooling and has a runny nose, but nothin'!! Sometimes she fusses and all that we can think of is that it is her teeth, but still nothing !! We will just have to wait and see.
"Playing with my ark for the first time .. this is now one of her favorite toys!"

Allison loves to eat - her favorite foods are sweet potatoes & green peas - the homemade ones. I have been buying baby food, yet I still make her sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, acorn squash & green peas. I have bought these veggies / fruits too, but she seems to prefer the homemade ones, especially the peas. I guess she likes my cooking :) There have only been a handful of foods that she turns up her nose at like green beans and a few mixed combinations or really cold food, but other than that, she loves to eat !! Especially when she feeds herself some Gerber puffs. She really began doing that at 8 1/2 months. She did it before, but it freaked me out because she would gag on them so much that I was not comfortable giving them to her, let alone someone else. Now, she does really well with them - I still have to ration them out otherwise she would shove them all in !!!
"I love Sweet Potato Puffs!"

" I love squash !"
Helping mommy with the laundry - 7 months

8 1/2 months " I'm gonna eat you pillow!"

"Playing with my Christmas present from Mommy & Daddy" My sing along stage
Helping mommy with the laundry - 7 months

Allison loves to stand when you let her, she holds on to your fingers and loves to be on her feet. She seems to favor her tiptoes sometimes too :) Tonight, I had her on the floor and had her hanging on the the crib rails. I let her go and she stood holding herself up. She would go for 5 -10 seconds before she let go. We'll keep working on it... There realy are not a lot of places for her to pull herself up on because I don't want her to do it in the living room becase of the hardwood floors, so maybe I have been hindering her a bit, but I will try to have her stand by the crib more often so that she can get some practice :)
8 1/2 months " I'm gonna eat you pillow!"
Well, the evening chores await..... I will try to be back with another edition soon !



No comments:
Post a Comment