Our Family ~ Halloween 2008
I LOVE this picture !
So we have started Allison on real food. Homemade food by Mommy !! I really enjoy doing it and it is a lot of fun. Not to mention cheaper :0 ) So far, it has been FREE because my dad has brought me the veggies & fruit from work !! Can't beat free and I really have a lot of fun making it all. It really doesn't even take that long at all ! So far, Allie has sampled sweet potatoes, green peas, bananas & butternut squash. So far, the winnner has been butternut squash. I mean , she would "eat" the others, with a little resistance, but the squash she would open her mouth with every bite !! She loved it ! The best pictures that I have gotten so far have been of the peas.. oh my I love them !! I used the cool mode on my camera to only pick up one color and I love how the green looks with the black & white ! My mom asked me if I "threw the peas on her face?" Nope, that was all Allison !! We have been trying to do a rice breakfast & a veggie for dinner. I may try to give her a "lunch by the end of the month. She is still getting used to the spoon and I think the most food that she has actually eaten has been the squash, and that was only "one ice cube" ( I make the homemade baby food and freeze it in ice cube trays) I give her a spoon & bowl to play with while we eat and sometimes she tries to put my spoon in her mouth - its so cute ... and very messy ! But I guess that goes with the territory :)
Grandma Lynne bought Allison an adorable Halloween dress and I really did not think that it would fit her because it was a 12 month size - boy was I wrong ! It fit her perfectly !! She looked so cute in it !! The style is just so cute on her, I wish that she could wear it more - well, I guess she could, but she would look a little funny in the middle of November wearing a dress with a ghost on it !! :)
Here is our flying butterfly !!
Daddy was on vacation this whole week, so that has been nice. He has been able to stay home with her everyday :) No running around to a babysitter every morning !! Even though it is only shortlived, I appreciate it !! I was off on Tuesday and then I took 2 personal days on Thursday & Friday for Halloween. And I could not have asked for more beautiful days !! It was 70 degrees or more on Halloween !! AWESOME !!
Allie is learning how to play with her sippy cup... now how do I get peas out of the little holes on top ???
Tuesday, we took Allison for her 6 month checkup w/ shots. She weighed in at a cool 16 lbs 13 oz and @ 26" long. She is in the 75th percentile for her weight and 50th for her height, so she is not as long as I though she would be considering my height, but that is OK !!!!Our girl is getting big !! She got 3 shots & also got her flu shot She was SO good. She only cried for about a minute and she calmed down pretty quickly. She was pretty tired and cuddly all day after that, but I didn't mind. I gave her all of the loving that she wanted. She took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. She had her "pea experience" this evening too!
On Friday, Halloween, we dressed Allison up in her Butterfly costume ( which I bought because I thought it would be cold, like it normally is) We took her to visit Grandpa @ work. We had never been there before and he did not know we were coming :) 
Allie seemed to like his office, she just kept looking around at everything and she sat so nice on Grandpa's lap. Then were off to visit Grandma @ work. Grandma ,of course, took her around the whole bank to show her off !! She even "flew" like a butterfly with Grandma's help !
We visited the girls @ work and my friend Amanda happened to be there with her 11 month old Maria who was a bumblebee ! It was cool that we were both there at the same time. We got a few pictures of the girls together ~ so cute !
We left there and Allie was tired, so we took a detour to Target ( our other home) and she got a little nap and we were off to Grandma & Grandma B's.
Alyssa was there so they got to play a little, but I think that Allie's nap got cut a little short, so she was cranky and hot in that costume ! Auntie Jill came to see her too :) After our visits, we went back home to get our house ready for the trick or treaters. Daddy had to set up the "cemetary" & fog machine .... he really gets into this.
I fed Allie her new favorite food of squash and we waited for 5:00 for trick or treating to start. We took her to a few houses trick or treating, she even picked some candy out of a bowl !! She fell asleep on my shoulder as we sat outside, but quickly woke up about 20 minutes later because she did not want to miss any fun!! Later on, Uncle Steve & Auntie Wendy came by to see their little bug. Uncle Steve read Allie her bedtime story ( he needs the practice for their little one due in May!)
Our street has been under construction ofr over 2 months now.... can you sense my disgust ??? Anyway, they finally poured our new driveway entrance and we carved Allie's initials in the cement :) AKB 2008 !! Then think about it.. why in the world would they pour cement on Halloween ? Hello?!?! Kids ?!?!? Trick or treating?!?!? I guess that's why they aren't rocket scientists !! UGH!
Allie has now discovered that she can actually JUMP in her jumperoo ! Her feet touch the floor, so she can bounce !
She gets so excited when she can bounce. The jumperoo makes animal sounds and plays music when she jumps so she has even more fun !! It is so exciting to see her discover new things ! She is getting better at sitting up on her own, she even tries to pull herself up to a sitting position... she is growing up so fast !! Here she is on Daddy's lap for her bedtime story - she just HAD to have that book, so she pulled herself up to it ! Funny ~ the picture that she is trying to "eat" is a kid with his mouth open like hers !!

Here are our pumpkins for this year !! They turned out really cool :)
Tonight we are off to Jump Central for our niece's 7th birthday party -I cannot believe that she is 7 already. I know, soon enough I will be saying that about Allison !!! UGH !! Time waits for no one I guess !!



1 comment:
Cute...I remember when Maria first discovered that she could jump in her jumparoo! It was sooo cute! It's sad she's already outgrown it. She screams now when I put her in it. She's much rather be walking! Enjoy it now! : ) Glad you had a good Halloween!
Post a Comment